Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring Break

Why is it that holidays or any break from school take so long to get here and then are over before you know it? I had been looking forward to spring break for so long because Joe has the week off. We had a lot of fun but it went by way to fast. Not only is it great to have Joe home to help with the kids but he also helped with the housework. I got my wisdom teeth out the week before so I was a little behind. The break started off a little crazy. The Platt kids were in town from Prescott Valley so Karrie could recouperate after having a baby a week or 2 before. Hannah spent the night Sunday. Then on Monday we made a deal with Joes other sister Dyan that all the kids would spend the night at our house that night so they could have date night and then Tuesday they all spent the night at Dyans and Joe and I were able to go out. It turned out fun and we are talking about trading again sometime.
Annie, Keelie, Hannah, Kate watching a movie before bed

I did 5 little girls hair the next morning. It was alot of work! They all wanted side ponytails, but Keelie and Hannah were the only ones with hair long enough.
After I was done doing all that hair we went to the Az Museum of Natural History (the dinosaur museum). The kids had alot of fun. Its a really cool museum, I hadn't been there in years. Hadlie was so cute when we were walking around the dinosaur part she kept saying "mommy wook, mommy wook!" (mommy look), a bunch of times. I guess she thought the dinosaurs were cool.
digging for bones
panning for gold
They had room dedicated to all the movies that were filmed in Az. There were actually alot! Who knew? I assume this stage coach was from one of the movies.
We didn't even get to see the whole museum cuz the kids were all starving so we went home, ate lunch and put the girls down for a nap. Then later dropped them off at Dyans and Joe and I got to go on a date! It is so weird to wake up in the morning with no kids. I didn't get to fully enjoy the kidless morning cuz I had to go to work. The Platt kids went home later that day and the rest of the week was actually petty low-key. This morning was a little depressing when Joe had to go to work. The girls were sad and begging him to stay. I guess we will just start the count down to summer now!

3 comments:

Kori said...

I would love to have John home three months of the year! Glad you had a fun spring break.

Karrie said...

Thanks so much for taking my girls. I don't know if I ever thanked you, but here goes: THANKS!!!! My girls had a fabulous time. Anytime Hads is around is a treat for Hannah. They're still talking about the fun times they had in Mesa last week. Oh, and my girls' hair looked way better last week then it ever looks when I'm around :)

Diane... said...

I LOVE THAT JOE HELPED...THOSE GOODMAN GUYS ARE GREAT LIKE THAT!!! THE KIDS LOOKED LIKE THEY HAD A BALL...COUSINS...SO FUN!!!