Monday, January 12, 2009

My little GIRL

I never knew having a little girl would be so much fun. Keelie definately loves everything girly. She loves dolls and loves pushing them in her stroller. She brings her favorite doll "Lolly" with her wherever we go. Keelie loves to cook in her kitchen and feed Lolly and give her kisses. She also loves make up. Sometimes I let her play with mine while I am putting it on. She is so smart and knows which brush I use for eyeshadow cuz she will take it and brush her eyelids with it! I do have to watch her a little more closely now cuz she lost my concealer! She loves jewelry too. As you can see in the picture below she puts anything that looks like a necklace around her neck. That red strand of beads came off our Christmas tree. She will also take her bracelet on and off a million times too. But even though she loves girly things, her ball is also one of her favorite toys! She's got a pretty good arm for a 1 year old!

Keelie loves to play peek-a-boo. Here she is hiding under her blanket.


One day last week we woke up and found that Keelie had thrown up all over her crib sometime during the night. It was pretty much her dinner from the night before. So gross! Anyways, it got on her bumper, and my first thought was to try to scrub it by hand. But I read the tag and it said you can machine wash it. So I put in the washer, and we have and older one, so I had to stuff it in. A little while after I had started it, I heard it making a really loud noise. So I run over and open it to find the bumper looking like this. It is ripped and has a burn mark on it, and the throw up didn't come out either! I was so mad and sad at the same time. I was mad cuz I knew it was my fault. I knew I should have just hand washed it! I was sad because I love her bedding, and I know that Pottery Barn is not cheap! I wanted to cry and punch a whole through the wall at same time! The good thing is that it is only in that one spot, so I just made it so that part is in the back of the crib facing the wall. It works, but it just isn't the same! I don't thing I will ever forgive myself for that! Oh, and Keelie was fine. She was her normal happy self in the morning, so I still even went to work that day. I guess thats what really matters, right!

13 comments:

Jen said...

That totally stinks about the bumper.
Just try and forget that the mark is there. Keep telling yourself it never happened :)

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

Awww man peter. I hate throw up on the crib bedding...does it make you feel better that my kids have smeared poop all over theres numerous times??
haha- i love that little Keelie's face!!

ashley wright said...

OH my word Cass... the SAME exact thing happened to me with Paisley's bumper... It just got ruined from the washer on one part so thats the part i face towards the wall too... no one even notices!!!! Awww, i was sad though too when it happened :( Keelie is so dang cute! love it! good luck with the bumper! i guess we'll just have to hand wash it from now on!

Rita said...

I found your blog, so cute! Girly girls are so fun and Keelie is a doll! That stinks about the bedding! I saw the cutest Pottery Barn bedding on sale! But can't rationalize buying it when Olivia has perfectly good bedding already, just not as cute!

The Wylers said...

That would have made me so mad too! Especially because it took me 4 months to get her bedding set through the mail!!! Glad it all worked out and Keelie is feeling fine. She is so dang cute.

Heidi said...

Keelie is so cute. That stinks about your bumper. I have ruined many loads of laundry, but unfortunantely they were my fault and not the washer's. Hope you are doing well.
Heidi

Lisa said...

I think we must have both woken up to the same throw up in the crib surprise! Addie did the same thing a couple nights ago and I swear she had been sleeping in it all night from the looks of things! Gross...she was just great the rest of the day though! Wierd. Addie and Keelie must have been hanging out without us again! HA

Bup and Bridget said...

That sucks about the bumper. At least you can still use it. Your family pictures are so cute by the way. My family just got ours done by Annie Randall too and she did a great job.

AshandNate said...

Cassie...that would totally make me cry. There have been so many moments where I have done something that I knew I shouldn't do (with the girls) but I do it anyway and then i something bad happens. but atleast we know what not to do next time huh! Oh..I was looking at your family pictures in the blog before and they are fabulous...you look absolutely beautiful.

Shelley Goodman said...

so crappy...I guess the first child is the guiney pig for every thing. You are so good to still be using it. I took Lanes out after about 5 months when he started rolling and smashing the poor thing to death. It's still so cute though and stop beating your self you up about it!

Anonymous said...

Keelie is sooo cute!!! Hope you guys are doing well! We miss the old ward! :) Kim & Jon

Cherish said...

OH my goodness! How exciting to see you here! I have wondered how you guys are doing! I felt so awful because The last thing I got from you was an invite to your baby shower and I couldn't even go! Keelie is absolutely adorable! I can't believe it's been over a year! And of course you look gorgeous! Looks like life is going great for your cute little family! Hope to hear more about life on the blog!

Tara Fischbeck said...

Oh my goodness....sounds like so much fun! God truly did make girls and boys unique. Emma is walking! It is so fun because its like she is a todler already. She will be one next week! I can't believe it. Next time we get together Keelie and her can play together!