Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Goodman Family Camping Trip

This last weekend was the annual Goodman camping trip at Christopher Creek. I was kind of nervous because I didn't know how Keelie would do, but she did great! While the rest of the family went up Friday and stayed 2 nights, we decided to just go up Saturday and stay for 1 night. (And we had co-ed softball Friday night that we didn't want to miss). The weather was really nice. It was cold in the mornings and at night, but during the day it warmed up, but not to warm! We spent alot of time sitting around the campfire, playing cards, and going for hikes.



This is Keelie and Kate chillin in the pack n play.
Getting ready for the hike. Keelie loved the snuggly! She loved looking around at everything.
Everyone hiking to the waterhole.
Joe getting up the nerve to get in the cold water. Yes, those are goggles he is wearing!
Joe and Rocko (his real name is Jay)
This is the waterhole. In between the rocks it actually goes pretty deep.
Oh, and I also wanted to announce that Joe just got hired as the head baseball coach at Carson Jr. High! We are so excited! Last year he was an assistant varsity coach at Mt. View, which he loved, but now he gets to be the head coach! I am excited because he gets paid more for less time. I will get to see my husband twice as much as I did last baseball season! Yeah for Joe!

4 comments:

steph said...

Yeah for Joe! He'll be a great head coach!

Tara Fischbeck said...

COngrats Joe! Hopefully we will be around for the rest of coed season. It is tough now that Emma is mobile and we would have to pay a sitter. But we miss you guys. Keelie is adorable!

Heidi said...

Okay, Keelie is SOOOOOOOOOO cute! It looks like you had a fun camping trip. Tell Joe congrats on the job. That's great. ;) Hope you guys are doing well. We will have to get together soon. Take care.
Heidi

Brittney Blount said...

Nice goggles AND farmers tan Joe! and congrats. I didn't know that he got the job. That is pretty cool. Does Zack play baseball? They will play against each other.