Joe took us on another adventure on Presidents Day. He had been talking about it for a month but I don't think anyone thought we were really going to do it, besides Joe. A month or so ago he hiked Flat Iron in the Superstitions with his priest quorum, and said how hard and fun it was and wanted to do it again. Well we did it, and it was hard! I wouldn't even call it a hike, we climbed straight up the mountain. We were literally on all fours climbing up rocks. There were a few times Joe had to pull us up over the rock or I don't think we could have done it. We would come to certain points and I would look up and just laugh and say to Joe "we're seriously climbing up that? there is no way!" But somehow we made it to the top, and it was so cool. The sky was so clear you could see so far. You can tell in the pictures how high we were. I'm not normally scared of heights but it was kind of freaky standing next to the edge.
Friday, February 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yikes! the peeking over the edge one is freaking me out!
That looks like fun. I think i need to put a hike in my agenda :)
Great photography and great fun. Thanks Joe for nagging us until we went. It was amazing!
That is such a fun (super tough) hike! Truly climbing straight up hill! Great fun!
Post a Comment